Evolution Legal Pty Ltd (Evolution Legal) is committed to protecting your personal information.
Evolution Legal is bound by the Privacy Act 1988 (Cth) (Privacy Act), including the National Privacy Principles (NPPs). Although, acts done or practices engaged in by Evolution Legal, which are directly related to:
- a current or former employment relationship between Evolution Legal and you; and
- an employee record held by Evolution Legal as your employer and relating to you, are exempt from the Privacy Act, including the NPPs
Evolution Legal may collect and hold personal information about you, including your name, gender, address, phone number, facsimile number, email address, bank account details, place and type of business and/or other information relevant to providing you with the services you are, or someone else you know is, seeking.
The personal information that Evolution Legal collects and holds about you depends on your interaction with Evolution Legal. Generally, Evolution Legal will collect and hold your personal information for the purpose of:
- providing legal services to you or someone else you know
- providing you with information about other services that Evolution Legal offers that may be of interest to you
- providing you with information relevant to your type of business or other area of expertise or interest
- providing you with the opportunity to meet other people and attend seminars and conferences in your type of business, other areas of expertise or interest
- facilitating Evolution Legal’s internal business operations, including the fulfilment of any legal requirements
- analysing Evolution Legal’s services and customer needs with a view to developing new and/or improved services
- contacting you to provide a testimonial for Evolution Legal
Personal information will generally be collected by Evolution Legal directly from you, generally by verbal interaction or through correspondence with you. There may, however, be some instances where personal information about you will be collected indirectly because it is unreasonable or impractical to collect personal information directly from you. We will usually notify you about these instances in advance or, where that is not possible, as soon as reasonably practicable after the information has been collected.
If you access Evolution Legal’s website, Evolution Legal may collect additional personal information about you in the form of your IP address (that is, the single numerical address for your computer on the internet which consists of four consecutive numbers ranging between 0 and 255) and/or domain name (that is, the textual address for your location on the internet which corresponds to your IP address, which the internet computers can read).
If the personal information you provide to Evolution Legal is incomplete and/or inaccurate, Evolution Legal may be unable to provide you, or someone else you know, with the services you, or they, are seeking.
Use and disclosure
Generally, Evolution Legal only uses and/or discloses personal information about you for the purposes for which it was collected (as set out above). Although, Evolution Legal may disclose personal information about you to:
- service providers, who assist Evolution Legal in operating its business
- a purchaser of the assets and operations of Evolution Legal’s business, providing those assets and operations are purchased as a going concern
- its related entities.
Evolution Legal stores your personal information in different ways, including in paper and in electronic form. The security of your personal information is important to Evolution Legal. Evolution Legal takes all reasonable measures to ensure that your personal information is stored safely to protect it from misuse, loss, unauthorised access, modification or disclosure, including electronic and physical security measures.
You may access personal information Evolution Legal holds about you, upon making a written request. Evolution Legal will endeavour to acknowledge your request within 14 days of its receipt and to provide you with access to the information requested within 30 days. Evolution Legal may charge you a reasonable fee for processing your request.
Evolution Legal may decline a request for access to personal information in circumstances prescribed by the Privacy Act.
If, upon receiving access to your personal information, or at any other time, you believe the personal information Evolution Legal holds about you is inaccurate, incomplete or out of date, please notify Evolution Legal immediately. Evolution Legal will take reasonable steps to correct the information so that it is accurate, complete and up to date. If Evolution Legal disagrees with you about whether your personal information is inaccurate, incomplete or out of date, and you ask Evolution Legal to associate with your personal information a statement claiming that your personal information is inaccurate, incomplete or out of date, Evolution Legal will take reasonable steps to do so.
Links to other websites
Evolution Legal’s website may contain links to other websites. Evolution Legal is not responsible for the privacy practices of linked websites and any linked websites are not subject to Evolution Legal’s privacy policies and procedures.
Street address - Level 3 “Pivotal Point”, 50 Marine Parade, Southport Qld 4215
Postal address - PO Box 821, Southport BC Qld 4215
Telephone – 07 5557 8785
Fax - 07 5557 8786
Email - firstname.lastname@example.org
For more information about privacy in general, you can visit the Federal Privacy Commissioner’s website at www.privacy.gov.au.